[vdr] Re: [Req] Recording sorting

Patrick Gleichmann wrote:
I am searching for a patch that allows to sort (name, date, size) the recordings - pressing "0" like in the channel list. Anyone who already implemented it?
This is something that has been bugging me a while.
I have made subdirectories for movies, TV series, documents etc.
just to keep the stuff in order. Actually they are not directories,
they are symlinks to another disk and filesystem, but it does not matter here.

In the top level video directory, everything is sorted alphabetically.
In the subdirectories below, everything is sorted chronologically. Sheesh.

Furthermore, if I move recordings to another disk, i.e. into a symlinked
subdirectory, VDR will "see" the original recording and not recognize the
new files until I restart vdr.

Somewhere down the development of VDR it started to cache recording titles.
It seems to me that vdr does not ever check for changes made by others
than vdr itself.

It should be easy to store the ctime of a directory returned by stat()
into the cache struct of vdr implementation, and stat the directory
each time it is accessed. Then it is easy to rescan the directory
if it has been changed meanwhile.

Maybe I will try to implement a patch for this someday, but I don't have time yet.

> Also wanted: A patch so that the special characters (%, @) are skipped
> when comparing the names.

Umm, they are? At least %.

--
-- sjm
"Lämpömittari tuottaa henkilökohtaiseen käyttöön yleisluontoisia

Home | Main Index | Thread Index