[linux-dvb] Cinergy T2
arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 15:17:18 CEST 2005
--- Sascha Braun <contact.saschabraun at web.de> wrote:
> I dont know which firmware to use and how to install the hole
> thing properly.
I have a Terratec Cinergy 1200 pci card.
When I type
0000:00:0b.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146
> All the doc's i have found are very complex and complicated for
> me to use. Would be nice to hear from someone who is able to
> explain the needed steps to me :))
1. I installed a rather new version of GNU/Linux (debian sarge),
that had the /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware directory.
2. Then I fetched a new kernel from somewhere (www.kernel.org) and
configured it thoroughly via "make config" (there is a README file
in the kernel tar ball).
3. Then I fetched the dvb-kernel sources via CVS from linuxtv.org
and moved them into the kernel source tree via ./makelinks
4. Then I configured the kernel again
5. Then I compiled and installed the kernel
6. Then I repeated steps 1. to 6. until it worked :-))
But the official way might be to load the dvb kernel modules after
enabling DVB_CORE or so...
I hope that little roadmap helped. :-)
Yahoo! Mail Mobile
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone.
More information about the linux-dvb