[linux-dvb] Kworld V-Stream Xpert DVB-T PCI card: installing

Soyeb Aswat soyeb at btinternet.com
Sun May 15 19:49:43 CEST 2005

Hello Thomas,

>   I've download
> <http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.11.5.tar.bz2>
>   and
> <http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/video4linux-2005-05-11-195924.tar.gz>
>
> and built the kernel and v4l source (I had to copy the v4l modules
> into the right place). When I run the modprobe script in the previous
> message many modules do get loaded but I get the following errors:
> FATAL: Error inserting cx88xx
> (/lib/modules/2.6.11.4.20050514/v4l2/cx88xx.ko): Unknown symbol in
> module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

<big snip>

Hmm, it seems things aren't compiled properly.  Rather than
investigating what went wrong there (I don't really have the time at the
moment), I could just answer your second question that is yes, the
default SuSE 9.3 kernel does have everything to use a KWorld DVB card.
Just load the modules as described in a previous email.

Regards,

Soyeb