[linux-dvb] Re: TDA10086 (TT S-1401) DiSEqC problem

Michael Vistein michael at vistein.de
Sat Dec 30 13:41:20 CET 2006


I'm rather new to Linux DVB (well, to DVB-S at all), but I now have a TT
1401 card in my box and was trying

> There also is a patch regarding the DiSEqC. I got another patch for
> review. I will attach it. Please note that it is reverted.
> Can you please test these and report the results. If you say they are ok,
> i will integrate them.

The current snapshot (9.12.2006) seems to include the values changed by
this patch. It is more or less impossible to watch TV, because there are
so many biterrors (with szap I see high values for ber and even for unc).

When I revert the patch (I changed to values to the values that were not
commented out in the old part of the diff), I get worse signal strength
and snr, but the value of ber drops to almost zero (sometimes there are
a few biterrors, but that can be due to the weak Astra 2D transponder in
south east Germany), but unc keeps at zero. Watching tv is possible now
without problems. On Astra-19.2 I don't even have biterrors.

I hope this helps, thanks for the great dvb drivers!


More information about the linux-dvb mailing list