[linux-dvb] Mantis VP-3033
marko.ristola at kolumbus.fi
Thu Nov 16 19:18:13 CET 2006
I'm sorry that I didn't respond for you ealier.
I read now your email at 2006-11-08.
I don't have any chip specs either.
The only way I can find out about chip state is
to read the registers with I2C.
Here is my responce for your email at 2006-11-08:
On my experience, if I do an unload of the mantis driver,
I will get the "!!! NO Frontends found !!!" message on next driver load.
It doesn't bother me now because I don't need rmmod usually.
Was your read_register log before you did rmmod?
I use the following sequence:
So that is how I avoid the rmmod bug in the driver.
You could install into register writing function another
function that first reads the original value and then writes
the new value.
That way I was able to track down register value changes.
It helped me to find one important bug in Mantis DMA start.
Do you a code example for register state debugging?
Are you using that fix already?
Do you have a 50ms delay function in zl10353.c, like in cu1216.c.
Very best regards for you too,
Joachim Holst kirjoitti:
> I got a little time to spare today, so I played around a bit with the Mantis
> driver for the above card.
> As I've mentioned earlier, Mantis loads and creates all the backend stuff but
> stubbornly refuses to create a frontend. I know that Mantis tries to attach
> the zl10353 frontend to this card but when trying to retrieve the chip ID
> from the card, it retuns 0x00 instead of the expected 0x14.
> Since I've failed to find any specs for the card, I'm having a bit trouble to
> find the reason as to why retrieval of chip_id fails :-(
> I'm not even sure that it's the correct frontend to use for this one (It's a
> DVB-T card with CA slot).
> I'm attaching modified debug printout from loading/unloading the mantis driver
> and hope that someone can give me a bit more information on how to get this
> beast running :-/
> Very best regards,
> Joachim Holst
> --- CUT & PASTE ---
> Nov 7 22:47:57 arthur ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:05:08.0[A] -> Link [LNK3] ->
> GSI 7 (level, low) -> IRQ 7
> Nov 7 22:47:57 arthur Mantis Rev 1, irq: 7, latency: 32
> Nov 7 22:47:57 arthur memory: 0xc3100000, mmio: 0xf8c8a000
> Nov 7 22:47:57 arthur get_mac_address (1): MAC Address=[ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff]
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur get_subvendor_id (1): Sub Vendor ID=[0x1822]
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur get_subdevice_id (1): Sub Device ID=[0x0024]
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur mantis_alloc_buffers (1): DMA=0x1d6e0000 cpu=0xdd6e0000
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur mantis_alloc_buffers (1): RISC=0x3303c000
> cpu=0xf303c000 size=1000
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur DVB: registering new adapter (Mantis dvb adapter).
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur mantis_frontend_init (1): Mantis frontend Init
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur mantis_frontend_init (1): Device ID=24
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur mantis_frontend_init (1): Probing for 10353 (DVB-T)
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur Trying to attach zl10353 frontend
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur zl10353_read_register: Device name: Mantis I2C
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur zl10353_read_register: Managed to read 2 messages from
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur zl10353_read_register: Requested value = b0 = 0x7f
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur zl10353_read_register: Return value b1 = 0x0.
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur zl10353_attach: Failed to get chip ID
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur zl10353_attach: Ooops! Something went wrong. Returning
> Nov 7 22:47:58 arthur mantis_frontend_init (1): !!! NO Frontends found !!!
> ---------- Unloading
> Nov 7 22:48:04 arthur mantis_core_exit (1): DMA engine stopping
> Nov 7 22:48:04 arthur mantis_dma_exit (1): DMA=0x1d6e0000 cpu=0xdd6e0000
> Nov 7 22:48:04 arthur mantis_dma_exit (1): RISC=0x3303c000 cpu=0xf303c000
> Nov 7 22:48:04 arthur mantis_pci_remove (1): Removing -->Mantis irq: 7,
> latency: 32
> Nov 7 22:48:04 arthur memory: 0xc3100000, mmio: 0xf8c8a000
> --- END CUT & PASTE ---
> linux-dvb mailing list
> linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
More information about the linux-dvb