[linux-dvb] [RFC] Hybrid tuner refactoring, phase 1

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Fri Aug 24 14:21:22 CEST 2007

Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>> About the dmesg, I didn't have time to store it. Basically, on the first 
>> compilation, I got two errors, since tuner-simple and tea5767 weren't 
>> selected on Kconfig. I've then selected the option to auto-include the 
>> required i2c drivers. Those two messages disappeared.
>> The log stated that TEA5767 were detected.
>> It also stated that tuner-simple is working on 0x61. there weren't any log 
>> messages from tea5767 driver.
> Ok, I went home for lunch, after all. Those are the logs:
> Linux video capture interface: v2.00
> cx88/0: cx2388x v4l2 driver version 0.0.6 loaded
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:05:07.0[A] -> Link [APC2] -> GSI 17 (level, low) -> IRQ 74
> cx88[0]: subsystem: 0000:0000, board: PixelView PlayTV Ultra Pro (Stereo) [card=27,insmod option]
> cx88[0]: TV tuner type 59, Radio tuner type -1
> tveeprom 0-0050: Huh, no eeprom present (err=-121)?
> input: cx88 IR (PixelView PlayTV Ultra as /class/input/input5
> cx88[0]/0: found at 0000:05:07.0, rev: 5, irq: 74, latency: 32, mmio: 0xc8000000
> TEA5767 detected.
> tuner 0-0060: chip found @ 0xc0 (cx88[0])
> tuner 0-0060: Calling set_type_addr for type=59, addr=0xff, mode=0x04, config=0xffff8100
> tuner 0-0060: set addr for type 62
> tuner 0-0061: Setting mode_mask to 0x0c
> tuner 0-0061: chip found @ 0xc2 (cx88[0])
> tuner 0-0061: Calling set_type_addr for type=59, addr=0xff, mode=0x04, config=0xffffffff
> tuner 0-0061: set addr for type -1
> tuner 0-0061: defining GPIO callback
> tuner 0-0061: tuner 0x61: called during i2c_client register by adapter's attach_inform
> tuner 0-0061: defining GPIO callback
> tuner-simple 0-0061: type set to 59 (Ymec TVision TVF-5533MF)
> tuner 0-0061: type set to Ymec TVision TVF-5533MF
> tuner 0-0061: cx88[0] tuner I2C addr 0xc2 with type 59 used for 0x0c
> cx88[0]/0: registered device video0 [v4l2]
> cx88[0]/0: registered device vbi0
> cx88[0]/0: registered device radio0
> tuner 0-0061: Cmd VIDIOC_S_STD accepted for analog TV
> tuner 0-0061: switching to v4l2
> tuner 0-0061: tv freq set to 400.00
> (this time with a fresh copy - I got the same results as before)


The output above looks correct.

You say, "there weren't any log messages from tea5767 driver." -- This
is because the tuner_info line was disabled -- I've re-enabled it just
now, and push up the changeset.

Please update your tree and test again -- I believe that the only issue
here is the missing message from the tea5767 driver -- If you actually
test radio, I believe that it will work.

Please test again and get back to me.



More information about the linux-dvb mailing list