[linux-dvb] Mantis driver with ivtv

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Sat May 5 12:43:36 CEST 2007

joep admiraal schreef:
> Hello Michel,
>
> Thank you for the mini howto.
> I have downloaded the kernel-source and applied the patches you have
> described.
> Now when I do a make menuconfig I can select the mantis device driver.
> It then has an M in front of it.
> The frontends are selected as loadable modules.
> I can not change this.
>
> Then I did a make
> This went without problems
> Now when I do a make modules_install it does not say anything about mantis,
> mb86a16 or cu1216...
> When I do a modprobe mantis it gives me:
> FATAL: Module mantis not found.
>
> Have you got an idea about what I'm doing wrong?
>
> thanx,
> Joep

Joep,

Forget my last email. My mini howto was not yet complete. I compiled the
latest kernel, 2.6.21.1, myself and found it was not complete.
I update my mini howto and it works. I tested this myself and have it up
and running now.

Have a look at http://www.verbraak.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_Mantis_driver

Sorry for the misinformation.

Michel.