Enough of this already (was: Re: [linux-dvb] DST/BT878 module customization (.. was: Critical points about ...))

Mattias Bergsten fnord at fnord.nu
Tue May 8 01:10:21 CEST 2007

Uwe Bugla wrote:
> Without any politeness

You could say that twice..

First of all: I am a regular user. I'm not involved with the linux-dvb
project in any way except that I use the code and try to contribute
whenever I can. I've been a member of the linux-dvb list since mid
November 2006. During this time I've observed the following:

* You have contributed nothing but whining, bitching and cursing
whenever you didn't get your way

* Manu is a good coder, but has no people skills and tends to hold a grudge

* The same goes for a good number of other key linux-dvb people

* There are huge language barriers. Reading the list and understanding
what each person is trying to say whilst seeing their respective points
whistling past the other's head at supersonic speeds makes me cringe.

As a user, I really don't care what people do and how they get things
done, but I _do_ care about things getting done. As it is, the linux-dvb
layer is held back by this pointless bickering that many of you take
part in.

There are more separate repositories than I can count, noone can agree
on a common way to proceed and lately it seems lots of work is
duplicated because noone really knows what anyone else is working on.

I'm not interested in what's been happening. I'm interested in what
could and should be happening, which is the development of the linux-dvb
layer into something _really_ great.

Just my $0.02. Flame on (but preferably in private mail, the list has
had enough of that lately).

/fnord