[linux-dvb] dvb_usb_vp7045 "usb control message "out" went wrong"

mike n poiux at hotmail.com
Thu May 31 20:51:36 CEST 2007

Hello,

Sorry, I don't have a solution but just wanted to share my problem report.
It is quite similar to your case.

I have VIA EPIA M10000 system running Linux 2.6.21.x kernel (pretty recent,
less than month old). Every now and then VDR system seems to hang and I can
see the same "usb control message out went wrong" in dmesg messages. If I
quite VDR back to console, it is veeery slow.

However, I can login through SSH and the other session works just fine (not
vdr, but the console) so I can do "rmmod dvb-usb-vp7045" to remove the
Twinhan Alpha USB tuner module and the VDR session works again just fine.
However, the tuner doesn't seem to recover until I disconnet it from USB
cable and re-connect. After the USB re-connection and "modprobe
dvb-usb-vp7045" VDR works again so no need to reboot the whole system.

Sometimes I have seen this message from Twinhan USB integrated remote
control also. It could be that certain key doesn't work and everytime I
press that key "message out went wrong" is shown in dmesg. However, usb
disconnect-reconnet and module unload/load recovers that.

I have seen reports from other USB devices that some devices had problems
when USB write/read commands were sent too fast. A short delay between
subsequent USB (or was it I2C) commands had solved those problem.
Unfortuantely I have no idea where to add such a delay for this device so
can't verify whether that would solve the problem with dvb-usb-vp7045 and
Twinhan Alpha USB DVB-T stick.

Best regards,
Mike N