[linux-dvb] About fixes into Mantis branch. Was: Asus Tiger can't find any channels
abraham.manu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 01:40:52 CEST 2007
Manu Abraham wrote:
> Kristian Slavov wrote:
>> Manu Abraham wrote:
>>> Marko Ristola wrote:
>>>> If the current Mantis branch changes would be merged into v4l-dvb,
>>>> you could concentrate more on other maybe more
>>>> important projects. You would just sometimes pull
>>>> v4l-dvb changes into your Mantis branch and if some bug is found in
>>>> you could fix it first into Mantis branch, or then you could send
>>>> a fix into v4l-dvb directly and pull the changes back.
>>> Eh ? You wanted to fix INVERSION for the CU1216. This file itself doesn't
>>> exist in linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
>>> I don't see your problem, though
>> I'm not sure if this is related, but I have both mantis dvb-c pci card and
>> em2880 based dvb-t usb stick. I would like to get them working at the same time.
>> Since the mantis branch is probably quite outdated wrt. dvb core, and due to the
>> recent disagreements between Marcus and some other developers, my problem might
>> go unsolved for quite some time.
>> However, if the mantis branch would be closer to the main dvb tree, I might have
>> a chance to hack the drivers to coexist in my system.
> Give me a bit of time
Updated tree: http://jusst.de/hg/mantis/
The major improvements are for the VP-1034
* Demodulator status check made reliable
* Code simplification for Viterbi Sync check, makes acquisition more reliable
* Implement a BER monitor measured for a base of 2 ^ 20
* Implement a Signal strength monitor provides a relative scale in terms of percentage (SNR is in dBmV)
* Implement a "simple" UCB monitor, no real UCB monitor (just a kid's toy thing to watch like the other frontends)
Also fixed a bug on BE machines, thanks to David Woodhouse
More information about the linux-dvb