[linux-dvb] Merge multiproto tree

Christophe Thommeret hftom at free.fr
Tue Sep 2 00:58:46 CEST 2008

Le Monday 01 September 2008 23:09:10 Jelle De Loecker, vous avez écrit :
> Christophe Thommeret schreef:
> > Le Monday 01 September 2008 22:33:40 Manu Abraham, vous avez écrit :
> >> Something seems to be stinking. There is no reason to legitimately delay
> >> so much. If the intention is for a merge, please do so within the next
> >> few days.
> >
> > Hi Manu,
> >
> > Funny to see that you are now giving multiproto merge a very high
> > priority :)
> >
> > Anyway, as an application dev, i prefer Steve's proposal. And porting
> > drivers to this new API shouldn't take ages.
> I'm sorry for my ignorance, all this drivers and api scene is still new
> territory for me, as I said before :)
> but could you explain why designing a whole new api is preferable to an
> application developer?

Both Manu's and Steve's API proposals are new since none are approved/merged 
I know that some guys have made multiproto patches for various applications, 
but this should not be a major argument in favor of multiproto (tuning code 
is a very very little part of a DVB app).

Christophe Thommeret

More information about the linux-dvb mailing list