[linux-dvb] Recieving DVB-C with DVB-T units

Christian Wattengård cwattengard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:07:40 CEST 2009

This has probably been asked before, and it's probably a stupid question.

But after doing some research on Wikipedia and such, I can't figure
out why a DVB-T unit can't be easily modified to recieve DVB-C?
They use the same frequencies, the DVB-T specs support QAM (atleast low QAM).
My specific cable network uses 64QAM which the specs apparently
supports... So where is the underlying problem?

Could somebody be so nice as to explain to me? :)

Oh... And hi, I'm Christian, I'm from Norway, and this is my first
post to the list :)

-C-