[linux-dvb] Can't tune to DVB-S2 channels on floppydtv

Norbert Weinhold linux-dvb at freakpixel.de
Sun Aug 23 16:57:34 CEST 2009

Christophe Thommeret schrieb:
> Le Sunday 23 August 2009 02:18:14 Norbert Weinhold, vous avez écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a floppyDTV S2 and I can't tune to dvb-s2 channels while normal
>> dvb-s channel work.
>>
>> Does anyone have a clue where the problem is.
>
> Are you sure the driver supports S2 at all ?

Not 100% but I thought so because i found the hardware under supported
dvb-s2 devices. I wonder what is missing, because the card is doing all
difficult stuff itself. Just send the frequency / transponder you want
to receive you get the data if there is any reception at all.

After i had a look into the driver i saw that in the caps section 8psk
is missing and there is possibly a second tune command.

Has anyone a command list for this device?

Norbert