[linux-dvb] diseqc 2.0 on stb0899 / pctv452e (TT S2-3xxx and the likes)

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Fri Sep 4 10:32:56 CEST 2009

On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 11:26:01PM +0200, Martijn wrote:
> When I go through the s2-liplianin dvb drivers I noticed the DiSEqC 2.0
> freq marker in the stb0899_priv.h header file. Also according to the
> STB0899 datasheet DiSEqC 2.0 is supported. Does this mean that the pctv452e
> driver does not implement the 2.0 specifications? I have seen the S2-3650
> work through a DiSEqC 1.0 switch without any problems.

Does anyone have an idea as far as this matter? I'd like to use 2 or 3 S2-36xx
parts with a Quad monoblock LNB which in principle contains a DiSEqC switch.
Anything to watch out for? Am I looking for an LNB that talks DiSEqC 1.0?

--
If all the world's economists were laid end to end, we wouldn't reach a
conclusion.