[linux-dvb] LinuxDVB dma-capable ringbuffer

Сергей Миронов ierton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 10:34:15 CEST 2009

Hello! I am developing driver for my company's device. This device is
designed with performance in mind and has capability of assigning separate
dma channels to hardware pid filters.  (relationship between dma channels
and hw pid filters is many-to-many. For example, i can request the device to
filter pids 3, 88 and 222 and redirect result either to single dma channel
number 5 or to separate channels 1, 2 and 3)

But i found that dmxdev's buffers of type dvb_ringbuffer are not designed
for dma input. For example, dmxdev.c uses vmalloc() to allocate memory.

Should i think about rewriting dmxdev.c or this job is already done in some
of current/unstable branches?

--
Thanks, Sergey