[linux-dvb] NetUP Dual DVB-T/C-CI RF PCI-E x1

Abylai Ospan aospan at netup.ru
Wed Sep 9 16:51:12 CEST 2009

Hello,

We have designed NetUP Dual NetUP Dual DVB-T/C-CI RF PCI-E x1 card. A short
description is available in wiki - http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/NetUP_Dual_DVB_T_C_CI_RF

Features:
* PCI-e x1
* Supports two DVB-T/DVB-C transponders simultaneously
* Supports two analog audio/video channels simultaneously
* Independent descrambling of two transponders
* Hardware PID filtering

Now we have started the work on the driver for Linux. The following  components used in this card already have their code for Linux published:
* Conexant CX23885, CX25840
* Xceive XC5000 silicon TV tuner

We are working on the code for the following components:
* STM STV0367 low-power and ultra-compact combo DVB-T/C single-chip receiver
* Altera FPGA for Common Interafce.

We have developed FPGA firmware for CI (according to PCMCIA/en50221). Also we are doing "hardware" PID filtering. It's fast and very flexible. JTAG is used for firmware uploading into FPGA -
this part contains "JAM player" from Altera for processing JAM STAPL Byte-Code (.jbc files).

The resulting code will be published under GPL after receiving permissions from IC vendors.

--
Abylai Ospan <aospan at netup.ru>
NetUP Inc.

P.S.
We will show this card at the upcoming IBC exhibition ( stand IP402 ).