[linux-dvb] how to get a registered adapter name

Benedict bdc091 bdc091 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:00:50 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I'd like to enumerate connected DVB devices from my softawre, based on DVB
API V3.
Thank to ioctl FE_GET_INFO, I'm able to get frontends name, but they are not
"clear" enough for users.

After a "quick look" in /var/log/messages I discovered that adapters name
are much expressives:

> DVB: registering new adapter (ASUS My Cinema U3000 Mini DVBT Tuner)
> DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (DiBcom 7000PC)...

So, I tried to figure out a way to get "ASUS My Cinema U3000 Mini DVBT
Tuner" string from adapter, instead of "DiBcom 7000PC" from adapter's
frontend...
Unsuccefully so far.

Any suggestions?

Regards