[linux-dvb] Media controller: sysfs vs ioctl

david may david.may10 at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 15 20:50:43 CEST 2009

Hello Mauro,

> Em Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:12:35 +0200
> Hans Verkuil <hverkuil at xs4all.nl> escreveu:
..
> As I've said at #irc, it would be really great if you could find some ways for
> remote people to participate, maybe setting an audio conference channel. I
> think we should try to discuss with LPC runners if we can find some ways for it.

> I would love to discuss this there with you, but this year's budget and
> logistics didn't allow. For those that will also be in Japan for JLC, we can
> compliment there with some useful face-to-face discussions.

> Cheers,
> Mauro
> --
OC you do realize that IF the DVB/linuxTV devs cant even make a simple and
quick LiveCD with a VLC and streaming apps clients and servers connecting to a web sever some were
for popping into ANY laptop that happens to be around at the time then
theres a problem with mass credibility somewhere ....

how hard can it be to set up a Multicast VLC 224.0.0.1 tunnel over a
free IPv6 supplyer to the DVB/LinuxTV servers and Unicast a WVGA or
better video stream or four to any VLC clients wanting to follow the
feeds , its just a shame theres not easy way to Add an annotation to
feeds and/or live transcripts....

or even skip to a section of video
BBC Iplayer style
  link directly to your favourite scene
  http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2009/07/bbc_iplayer_now_lets_you_link.html
Steve Hughes in Michael McIntyre's brilliant Comedy Roadshow - see him here: http://bbc.co.uk/i/lbtbg/?t=16m51s

 these are the things we should be seeing in ALL remote participation
 feeds and More....
--
Best regards,
 david                            mailto:david.may10 at ntlworld.com