[linux-dvb] Media controller: sysfs vs ioctl

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Sep 15 21:00:14 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 2:50 PM, david may <david.may10 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> OC you do realize that IF the DVB/linuxTV devs cant even make a simple and
> quick LiveCD with a VLC and streaming apps clients and servers connecting to a web sever some were
> for popping into ANY laptop that happens to be around at the time then
> theres a problem with mass credibility somewhere ....
>
> how hard can it be to set up a Multicast VLC 224.0.0.1 tunnel over a
> free IPv6 supplyer to the DVB/LinuxTV servers and Unicast a WVGA or
> better video stream or four to any VLC clients wanting to follow the
> feeds , its just a shame theres not easy way to Add an annotation to
> feeds and/or live transcripts....
>
> or even skip to a section of video
> BBC Iplayer style
>  link directly to your favourite scene
>  http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2009/07/bbc_iplayer_now_lets_you_link.html
> Steve Hughes in Michael McIntyre's brilliant Comedy Roadshow - see him here: http://bbc.co.uk/i/lbtbg/?t=16m51s
>
>  these are the things we should be seeing in ALL remote participation
>  feeds and More....
> --
> Best regards,
>  david                            mailto:david.may10 at ntlworld.com

David,

It really doesn't say anything about the credibility of the
developers, other than that perhaps they are already severely
overloaded and don't have the cycles to create a setup such as the one
you are proposing.

This is unlikely to happen not because it's not technically possible,
but because the developers have other stuff that is more important to
be working on.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs