Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sun Apr 3 15:21:05 CEST 2011

Am 27.03.2011 16:45, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> Can you please rewrite your patch so that it keeps the original 'd'
> variable? I liked the fact that the 'nextUpdate' variable was incremented
> in *one* place, and not in several places. Made the whole thing more
> transparent to me. Besides, I could then see what you have *actually*
> changed ;-)

Another example on how coding style is a matter of taste. One of the
first things I changed was the removing of the d variable that is IMHO
superfluous, doesn't have an unique meaning (file age in seconds and
time to next check), and no descriptive name. ;)

Anyway, I've rewritten it to match your original patch more closely.
Actually I'm surprised how similar they got again, I had some evolution
steps that were completely different.

Attached is the rewritten patch as updatemarks-4, and for your
convenience a diff between updatemarks-2 and updatemarks-4 that shows
the differences more closely.

Cheers,

Udo