[vdr] preventing vdr from using a device to record

syrius.ml at no-log.org syrius.ml at no-log.org
Sat Apr 16 16:28:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm now running one vdr instance with 4 dvb devices.
One device is crashing quite often and I haven't find a way to
automatically detect when it's crashed. (vdr used to issues "unknown
picture type message in the past)

I'd like to prevent vdr from using it for recordings.
Do you know of any plugin or patch that help achieving this ?

Ideally I'd love to be able to set priorities and properties to
devices.
Something like:
device #1: can_record, can_do_epg_scan, can_do_liveview, devprio=100
device #2: can_record, can_do_epg_scan, can_do_liveview, devprio=90
device #3: can_do_liveview, devprio=10

Is there a way for plugins to alter *cDevice::GetDevice behavior ?
Are there any plans on that matter ?