[vdr] Can VDR use one specific transponder for EPG information?

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 17:54:34 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 6:39 AM, John Klimek <jklimek at gmail.com> wrote:
> My DVB-S provider sends a 9-day EPG guide only one one specific transponder.
>
> Is it possible to use only that transponder for EPG grabbing?
>
> ...or can I specify which channels/transponders to use somehow?

AFAIK VDR isn't capable of that.  I just remember to tune an EEPG
transponder every few days.  You could write a little cron script to
tune your EEPG transponder each day at some hour like 4am (assuming
you're sleeping at that time), let it sit for however long it takes to
populate, and then tune back to the channel it was on previously.