[vdr] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: Can VDR use one specific transponder for EPG information?

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Mon Apr 18 00:41:08 CEST 2011

Am 18.04.2011 00:15, schrieb VDR User:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Timothy D. Lenz <tlenz at vorgon.com> wrote:
>> Just a thought but you could set up a daily or weekly timer with a very low
>> priority on the recording so it auto deletes it. I've never used the auto
>> delete after set time because I never know how long it will be before I get
>> back to watching the recording.
>
> Are you sure the epg scanner is active if the device is recording?

AFAICT all the automatic scanning mechanisms get attached to a device
whenever a transponder is tuned. (section handler)

That way, the EPG of the current channel is always up to date, and
changes to subtitles and audio tracks get updated.

BTW: For starting up VDR at a given time to do some EPG scanning, you
might want to take a look at the scheduler plugin [1].

Cheers,

Udo

[1] http://winni.vdr-developer.org/scheduler/index_eng.html