AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Express X
Revision as of 07:30, 24 December 2016 by Voidxor
Patch for kernel 2.6.27 and later
The driver is not compatible with kernel 2.6.27 and later. It's been tested with Fedora Core 9 (32 bits) with kernel 2.6.27. It's probably compatible with others distributions and other cards (A808 compatible).
- Download and unzip the driver provided by AVerMedia (choose the driver for Linux x86).
- Execute as root (su or sudo) ./AVERMEDIA-Linux-x86-A808-0.23-beta.sh
- Choose "expert" installation, and choose a directory (named <DIR> in our case).
- Finish the installation.
- In <DIR>, you'll find a sub-directory A808-expert-install: cd A808-expert-install
- In this directory, do cd aver
- Open "osdep_th.c" with the editor of your choice and replace
#include <linux/semaphore.h>, then save and quit.
- Open "osdep.c", and replace
#include <linux/semaphore.h>, go to line 944, and replace
pci_dma_mapping_error((struct pci_dev *)pci, pa), then save and quit
- Return to A808-expert-install directory, and execute make. If no problems, you will have two files "300.ko" and "averusb.ko".
- Copy "300.ko" and "averusb.ko" to /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/ as root
- Get the firmware, using wget http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/linux-dvb-firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw
- cp dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw /lib/firmware
- Reload configuration by rebooting your computer.
- Use Kaffeine (or the software of your choice) to test DVB-T.