AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Express X
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Patch for kernel 2.6.27 and later
The driver is not compatible with kernel 2.6.27 and later. It's been tested with Fedora Core 9 (32 bits) with kernel 2.6.27. It's probably compatible with others distributions and other cards (A808 compatible).
- Download and unzip the driver provided by AVerMedia (choose the driver for Linux x86).
- Execute as root (su or sudo) ./AVERMEDIA-Linux-x86-A808-0.23-beta.sh
- Choose "expert" installation, and choose a directory (named <DIR> in our case).
- Finish the installation.
- In <DIR>, you'll find a sub-directory A808-expert-install: cd A808-expert-install
- In this directory, do cd aver
- Open "osdep_th.c" with the editor of your choice and replace
#include <linux/semaphore.h>, then save and quit.
- Open "osdep.c", and replace
#include <linux/semaphore.h>, go to line 944, and replace
pci_dma_mapping_error((struct pci_dev *)pci, pa), then save and quit
- Return to A808-expert-install directory, and execute make. If no problems, you will have two files "300.ko" and "averusb.ko".
- Copy "300.ko" and "averusb.ko" to /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/ as root
- Get the firmware, using wget http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/linux-dvb-firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw
- cp dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw /lib/firmware
- Reload configuration by rebooting your computer.
- Use Kaffeine (or the software of your choice) to test DVB-T.