DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T Receiver
|DigitalNow TinyTwin USB Dual DVB-T Digital TV Tuner (Australia)|
There are three devices, marketed under the same name, two of which are currently supported out of the box in kernel 2.6.34 and the third device V3 is supported in kernel 2.6.37.
|Supported|| ID on
|Hardware||Firmware||Comment / Pictures||URL||E|
|DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T Receiver||✔ Yes, in kernel since 2.6.28||13d3:3226 USB2.0||Afatech AF9015||dvb-usb-af9015.fw||No longer available.|
|DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T Receiver V2||✔ Yes, in kernel since 2.6.34||1b80:e402 USB2.0||Afatech AF9015||dvb-usb-af9015.fw||No longer available.|
|DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T Receiver V3||✔ Yes, in kernel since 2.6.37||1f4D:9016 USB2.0||Afatech AF9015||dvb-usb-af9015.fw||No longer available.|
|DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T Receiver V3a||✔ Yes, in kernel since 3.15||048d:9006 USB2.0||IT9135||dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw|
The kernel 2.6.34 supported USB IDs are:
$ lsusb Bus 001 Device 004: ID 13d3:3226 IMC Networks DigitalNow TinyTwin DVB-T Receiver Bus 001 Device 003: ID 1b80:e402 Afatech
For one tuner:
$ ls /dev/dvb adapter0 adapter1
or for two tuners:
$ ls /dev/dvb adapter0 adapter1 adapter2 adapter3
The device with USB ID 1f4D:9016 (which is for the most current device) is only supported in kernel 2.6.37 or greater.
- Devices with USB IDs 13d3:3226 and 1b80:e402 are supported out of the box.
- When the device is inserted, Mythbuntu offers to install the firmware (installs dvb-usb-af9015.fw to /lib/firmware). Need to reboot.
- Upgrading the kernel to 2.6.37 adds the same support for the latest V3 device (USB ID 1f4D:9016) i.e. offers to install firmware
- IR Receiver (i.e. remote control) not tested.
- Had an issue with using a pair of these (device id 1b80:e402). Although Ubuntu installed the drivers out-of-the-box, there were two missing frontends in /dev/dvb - adapter 0,1,2,3 were present, but only adapters 0 and 2 contained frontends unless I removed and re-inserted the tinytwins while Ubuntu was running. The fix was simply to grab the latest firmware (in the table above) and copy it to /lib/firmware, and reboot.