Hercules Smart TV Satellite
This card is a clone of Twinhan VP-1030A PCTV Sat CI card.
So far the difference are:
- different sticker on tuner
- Firmware returns a "DST-CI" identifier instead of the "DSTMCI" identifier returned by VP-1030A firmware
- Sat input
- CI connector for CAM module
- Internal 8 pins connector (unknown purpose. Anyone knows ?)
- Internal sat output
The card works perfectly in FTA mode with 2.6.7 or later kernel. De-scrambling is not supported.
De-scrambling support is provided by the experimental dst_ca module. This driver is working but some polishing is still required. To de-scramble programs, you must have:
- Linux kernel 2.6.9 or greater
- DVB CVS
Add dvb-bt8xx in your /etc/modules files and add these lines in you modprobe.conf:
options bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71 options dst_ca new_ca=1 install dvb-bt8xx /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install dvb-bt8xx; /sbin/modprobe dst
Feel free to update this table with other types of CAMs.
|Type||HW version||Firmware version||Results|
|SCM Red Viaccess||1.0||1.06||Working, but random failures are observed every few hours with TPS|
|Aston Viaccess||?||?||Not working|
As the dst_ca driver is still under development, the results of this page may change.