Re: Format of /dev/video or where to get MPEG TS stream?

    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Ralph Metzler wrote:

> The data on /dev/video is the so called AV_PES format.
> It consists of packets which contain audio PES packets and video ES
> packets + PTS info.
> I won´t go into details here. mmpg2mpg in DVB/apps and also the oms
> package of the linuxvideo project contain sources for this.

I have several hardware MPEG2 decoders (Creative PC-DVD Encore, and a
Matrox RT2000) and tried lots of software decoders. They all say
unrecognised format. mpg2mpg is very broken (I looked at the source) and I
can't find any reference to oms anywhere. Can you give me a real
reference?

Thanks.

---
Terry Hardie					terry@gxc.com
Founder and Chief Technology officer		ICQ#: 977679
Convergence Equipment Co, Manassas, VA, USA	V: +1-703-361-5566
"Home of the BOB Class 4 convergence switch"

Home | Main Index | Thread Index