Re: Format of /dev/video or where to get MPEG TS stream?

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Ralph Metzler wrote:

> The data on /dev/video is the so called AV_PES format.
> It consists of packets which contain audio PES packets and video ES
> packets + PTS info.

OK,

I've looked through the data coming in on /dev/video. There is exactly one
occurance within the first few bytes of the file of 0x000001 (Which
ISO/IEC 13818-1 says is how all PES packets should start). Since there are
no more during the file, I can only conclude that I am not looking at a
PES stream. Any other clues what it might be?

Terry

---
Terry Hardie					terry@gxc.com
Founder and Chief Technology officer		ICQ#: 977679
Convergence Equipment Co, Manassas, VA, USA	V: +1-703-361-5566
"Home of the BOB Class 4 convergence switch"

Home | Main Index | Thread Index