Re: Format of /dev/video or where to get MPEG TS stream?

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Christian Wolff wrote:

> The AV_PES format wraps audio-PacketizedElementaryStream-packets and
> video-ElemantaryStreams (without the PES header, but with an extra PTS
> stored in the AV_PES header). You have the 2 characters 'A' and 'V',
> followed by 4 bytes header info and 2 bytes packet length. For audio
> packets, data of the PES packet follows, for video packets, data of
> the ES follows. Look into the source i just sent, it explains the
> format.
>
> Anyhow, you should have a lot of 000001 occurences, since the
> elementary streams use these start codes, too.

OK, I'm clear on how it works now. Do you have a description of the packet
format of the AV stream? I can figure it out from the ps2avpes program,
but it's going to take me a lot longer than if I had something describing
the layout. Also, if you want to give me what you've got so far for going
from AV_PES to PES, I'll be happy to tweak it and try it with a few
hardware decoders I have.

Regards,

Terry.

---
Terry Hardie					terry@gxc.com
Founder and Chief Technology officer		ICQ#: 977679
Convergence Equipment Co, Manassas, VA, USA	V: +1-703-361-5566
"Home of the BOB Class 4 convergence switch"

Home | Main Index | Thread Index