Re: Kernel 2.3.99 + Firewall

On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 01:48:47AM +0200, Mike Pikowski wrote:
> The thing is  tcpdump says that packets coming from dvb0 but no there
> getting righthrough the toilet ....

Hu? I even got no data in tcpdump. Use turned of rp_filter (spoofing
protection), didn't you?

> I will try with 0.03c now ....

You cannot simple use 0.03c with Kernel 2.3.99+. Use my patched version
on http://flummi.de/~kju/siemens_dvb-0.03c-2.3.99-1.tar.gz instead (tested
with 2.3.99pre5).

> Are your downloads stable ? No disconnections ?? I upgraded my kernel to
> 2.3.99-pre5 cause i always got disconnected (but Cyberlogin always said
> connected) .... sometimes 5 megs sometimes 1 meg but then it all went from
> the beginning .... :(

I'm not using Cyberlogin nor Transponder 113-115. I'm using test transponder
103 which is not very much stable. I had the problems with data flowing on
this transponder too with old drivers and kernel 2.2.*, but with my patched
one and kernel 2.3.99pre i can make stable downloads (once i downloaded
three debian cds (total 2 gb) in 4 hours in 3 concurrent downloads each with
50 kb/sec).

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards

Michael Holzt

Home | Main Index | Thread Index