Re: Problem with OSD on Siemens card

Matjaz Thaler wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > Every once in a while when I open the OSD from my Video Disk Recorder
> > program I get a picture that is full of "noise" instead of the usual
> > text display. I have uploaded a screen shot of this to
> >
> >    http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/osdbug.jpg
> >
> > Does anybody else get this, too?
> > Stopping my program and doing a 'make reload' in the DVB/driver
> > directory always cures the problem, but after several hours (it can
> > take up to 20 hours) the problem is there again.
> >

> I have the same problem with OSD when I'm playing DVD on Hauppauge
> DVB-s card. You can test it with this pva file:
> http://www2.arnes.si/~mthale1/dvd.pva

I'm afraid I don't know what to do with a '.pva' file, but that may
be because I have no experience (yet) with DVD.

Anyway, since the problem appears to occur with a completely different
application, too, I guess it's safe to say that it isn't caused by
my Video Disk Recorder software.

Now the question is, whether the problem is in the Linux driver, or
in the firmware itself. BTW: which OS are you using? If it is Windows,
then one might assume that the firmware is the culprit.

Could somebody at Convergence (or whoever writes the firmware) perhaps
look into this?

Klaus Schmidinger