Re: Problem with OSD on Siemens card

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-2" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> > http://www2.arnes.si/~mthale1/dvd.pva
>
> I'm afraid I don't know what to do with a '.pva' file, but that may
> be because I have no experience (yet) with DVD.

This file is converted from .vob, you can send it to /dev/video.
If I run programs in this order, I get noisy OSD:

$ cat dvd.pva > /dev/video
$ DVB/apps/osdtest

> Now the question is, whether the problem is in the Linux driver, or
> in the firmware itself. BTW: which OS are you using? If it is Windows,
> then one might assume that the firmware is the culprit.

I'm using Linux, driver version 0.04.

Matjaz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index