Re: Problem with OSD on Siemens card

Matjaz Thaler wrote:

> > > http://www2.arnes.si/~mthale1/dvd.pva
>
> This file is converted from .vob, you can send it to /dev/video.
> If I run programs in this order, I get noisy OSD:
>
> $ cat dvd.pva > /dev/video
> $ DVB/apps/osdtest
>
> > Now the question is, whether the problem is in the Linux driver, or
> > in the firmware itself. BTW: which OS are you using? If it is Windows,
> > then one might assume that the firmware is the culprit.
>
> I'm using Linux, driver version 0.04.

This file appears to be a good test case!

I tried several times the sequence of reloading the driver,
sending your file to /dev/video and then opening the OSD. In all
cases the OSD was immediately "noise". Reloading the driver
again and opening the OSD without sending the file first
always resulted in an undisturbed OSD.

So apparently the problem is caused by something in the video
data. Hopefully somebody who is involved in the driver/firmware
development can use this to iron out this bug :-)

Klaus