Experiences with my patched driver

As reported on the list i had with driver 0.03c (and the prior versions)
the same problems as other people, mainly a stop of data flowing while
doing internet over satellite (eon). while the reason is still unknown,
i made the interestent experience tonight, that my patched driver together
with kernel 2.3.99 works unbelievable stable. i'm now doing three
parallel downloads with 50 kb/each for over three hours...

All i changed in the driver were the new i2c-code and #ifdef'd some
networking setup code away. So the source for all the problems is likely
in the i2c-code or it is a bug in the kernel series 2.2.x.

I would be interested in other reports. If you suffer from the same
problems as i did, give Kernel 2.3.99 a try (it is working very stable)
and use my patched driver. You may experience unknown reliability :-)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards

Michael Holzt

Home | Main Index | Thread Index