watching stored streams on X

Till now, I managed to watch recorded streams or vob files on X by
removing the busy-detection of the driver (outcommenting
'if(vfl->busy)...' in 'video_open(..)'), then running a TV-application
like 'xawtv' or 'gVideo' and writing at the same time to '/dev/video'.

Is this solution acceptable (side-effects ?) or is it better to restore
the old drivers behaviour and do it in another (maybe more elegantly)
way ?

(without writing a X-viewer app by my own ! -) )

Thanks,
 Michael Esser

Home | Main Index | Thread Index