Re: EON big file download

    I had success in downloading much greater files than 10MB (in fact,
I'm using 2.3.x linux kernel's tarballs from ftp.funet.fi and
ftp.sunet.se as test files :)) - some of them were from 20MB to 50MB in
size. I am using modified EON login program (which Iam preparing to
publish when it reaches some more stable phase) and squid proxy on my
local network server, squid is using EON proxys as parents, and I have
quite unreliable terrestrial provider (during evening time it is even
impossible to connect to EON).

    Problems that I have experienced, particulary in last few days, are
frequent semi-broken connections  to EON: login program looses
connection (I suppose due to lost keepalive from EON login server), and
I can understand this. But I cannot understang what happens when there
is, let's say it, "login connection", I mean UDP datagrams are flowing
between me and EON login server, but proxy for that login server refuses
to talk with me (or stops talking in middle of the session while I am
stil logged in to EON!). Yesterday morning there were problems with T113
and later that dey with T114.

--
Nenad Opsenica <nopsenica@iname.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index