Internet via Satellite

> ----------

Hi everybody,

I am quiet new in this materia so I actually don't like to spend US$
300,- for dvb equipment that may not match my needs.

I like to build an internet connection using a linux server to give
internet access to a small network (15 workstations). Realization is
currently in germany. I know the way, upstream via wired network
(modem, ISDN), downstream via satellite (email should use ssl).

The Fujitsu/Siemens-Card and the Pentamedia Pent@NET looks like the
right choice.
How reliable is the internet connection via satellite ?
Do I need X-Windows on the linux server with the satellite connection ?
Do I need Europe Online or who is a good internet provider using
satellite transmission ?

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / sincerely

Mo Hataj