Re: dvbd & 0.04 & 2.3.99-pre6

    [ The following text is in the "koi8-r" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

> ----------

Michael,

I'm sorry that I asked you about known thing again... Unfortunately I can see
that a lot of questions in maillist are remained without answers, seems to me
that a lot of subscribers send answers directly to people who posted question
and do not send CC: to linux-dvb@. Well, today I received the advice from
Karsten Siebert. Here is the message

---
>Sync=7 is an error. Sync has to be 127 otherwise you will get a failure
>message. I often have this problems with version .04. That is why I use .03p
>and kernel 2.2.14
>
>MAC address is ok. We map IP to MAC automatically.
---

and I should say that both of you are absolutely right. When I installed 0.03c
under 2.2.14-5.0 (RedHat 6.2) the dvbd started and now I can use the proxy
authentication.

Also, I saw several messages with question about EON & DVBD & SQUID and should
report that when dvbd is working and squid has correct configuration
everything works fine without additional requests login/password in browser.

Here is line from squid.conf if somebody needs it (I use transponder 114).

cache_peer 194.177.32.44 parent 8080 3130 default no-query login=name:password

But currently I have one unsolved question. How can I use the EON's usenet
server? I used news114.europeonline.net. But now I cannot connect to this
server w/o CyberLogin authentication.

Vladimir.

Michael Holzt wrote:

> > Compiled dvbd (I used the header files from dvb-0.04), upload the 0.04
> > drivers and started the dvbd and got the following message
>
> As announced several times, i never got dvbd running with 0.04, and it was
> developed with 0.03. Try 0.03 please and report.
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards
>
> Michael Holzt

Home | Main Index | Thread Index