RE: speed

    [ The following text is in the "koi8-r" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

We've set up EON in our office in Finland. Sometimes we get slow speeds
sometimes we get almost 400kbps from netscape. We've actually seen more like
800Kbps with multiple file downloads (although no Fazzt client for Linux :(
) - all of this is during the working day, not in the evenings.

Ideas you might want to try:
Try a different time of day (or night)
Try a different transponder
Try a different ISP
Work out whether your TCP sliding window is timing out (check out
http://www.e.kth.se/~e92_jlj/Exjobb/xrapport.pdf if you don't know what I
mean)

The bottom line is that we pay EON for "the service" but they don't actually
say what quality of service we can expect. Maybe EON should state how their
QoS policy works under light and heavy load (good for engineers) - anyone
got any ideas about this?

Nahda,
Rod.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index