Streaming over RTP

Hi All

I have just figured out that "www.linuxtv.org/mbone/" exists (I guess I get
no prizes for speed :)

-- please read on if you are interested in the mbone LinuxTV stuff --

Having this kind of software open source is excellent. Is this Convergence
only or are others invited to contribute?

I have some quick questions about the MP3 software:
1. How is MP3 streamed over RTP? Do you use standard MPEG2 over RTP
(RFC2250), loss-tolerant MP3 over RTP ("draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mp3-01.txt") or
something with RTSP over RTP (RFC2326).
2. Is there any "Forward Error Correction"? (e.g. 1 parity packet every 7
data packets or something more mathematical :)
3. What players work with this? (Linux & Windows) And, do you need any
plug-ins or hacks? (My uniformed guess is that nph-unicast.cgi is part of
the answer)

I guess what I'm asking for is a workshop or HOWTO. What are the plans?

> Can this tool work on "DVB-TS" too?
The DVB-TS is MPEG2 compliant so I guess it should work, the guys at
Convergence should know the accurate answer.

Best regards,
Rod Walsh

Home | Main Index | Thread Index