Re: Video Recording

Georg Thoma wrote:
> SVCD which is a MPEG2 Program Stream (Video+Audio)
> on a CD.
> Such SVCD are for example playable on the cheap Yamakawa 715 DVD player.

Yes.
The Yamakawa 715 is great. It plays back DVDs, VCDs, SVCDs
and even data CDs with MP3 files on them. Also, only few
DVD players can read CD-R media, the Yamakawa 715 does.
And it is really cheap considering its many talents.

I believe it would make a lot of sense to create Linux
software that can record data from the DVB-s card that
you can replay on the Yamakawa.

Check out http://www.dvdboard.de
In particular http://www.dvdforen.de/forumdisplay.php3?forumid=6

Carsten.