Re: Compile DVB under 2.4.0test2-ac2?

Gregoire Favre writes:
 > Gregoire Favre wrote:
 > >
 > > Hello,
 > >
 > > is there some change in recent kernel (in devfs or so) who prevent compiling
 > > DVB driver with it?
 >
 > > videodev.c: In function `video_register_device':
 > > videodev.c:312: warning: passing arg 7 of `devfs_register' makes pointer from integer without a cast
 > > videodev.c:312: too many arguments to function `devfs_register'

You can always just use the version of videodev.c which comes with your kernel.
I sometimes changed the open behavior to allow multiple opens for
testing purposes and kept an own copy of the file for doing this. But
I always (at least I hope so) changed this back for releases. Maybe I
should have removed the whole file.

There are also some #ifdefs in it to make it compile on all kernels,
but obviously this can break on kernels newer than the last DVB release.

The include file videodev.h also only has 2 additional lines:

#define VID_TYPE_DVB           16384  /* Is DVB card */

and

#define VID_PLAY_CLEAR_BUFFER           15

Since those parameters are passed through videodev.c to the actual V4L device
only the DVB driver needs this version of the file. You can use the
videodev.o binary from your own kernel.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index