Re: insmod dvb.o : unresolved symbol memset what is wrong?

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, David Toth wrote:

> >Well , it's propably not a problem in the latest version (0.05) of the
> >driver. but when I try to do ' insmod dvb.o' I recive 'unresolved symbol
> >memset'
> >
> >Function memset is used in other modules and they load ok, but dvb.o
> >not.
>
>  Hi there!
>
>  I've just joined your mailing list and read the archive (just for
> statistics I have a Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s). I've read a lot of 'memset'
> error reports while compiling the driver. The are two ways to fix it: one
> is to upgrade your gcc as it was written several times before, the other

Yeps... It's a gcc bug, well not actually gcc, actually more egcs.
Normally the memset code is in libc, but for "performance" and
"optimization" reasons the egcs authors also put the memset into egcs
which gives a lot of headaches to many programmers due to the fact that
egcs keeps 100% compliance with standard, at least the egcs authors say
so.. :)

Greets,
 Jeroen Massar

Home | Main Index | Thread Index