Re: insmod dvb.o : unresolved symbol memset what is wrong?

David Toth writes:

 > >Well , it's propably not a problem in the latest version (0.05) of the
 > >driver. but when I try to do ' insmod dvb.o' I recive 'unresolved symbol
 > >memset'
 > >
 > >Function memset is used in other modules and they load ok, but dvb.o
 > >not.
 >
 >  Hi there!
 >
 >  I've just joined your mailing list and read the archive (just for
 > statistics I have a Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s). I've read a lot of 'memset'
 > error reports while compiling the driver. The are two ways to fix it: one
 > is to upgrade your gcc as it was written several times before, the other
 > way is in the following letter I wrote 2 weeks before (to Ralph Metzler),
 > it's a personal letter, but since there was no response until now I hope
 > it's not a problem sending it public:

Sorry that I did not answer the mail before.
But I did read it and made changes to the driver because of it though
a little different.
Since the arrays are read-only I just put them outside the function
and declared them static const. Now there is no stack allocation or
copy at all.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index