Re: Text wrap bug.

Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Itīs not a bug, itīs a feature!
>
> No, really, what exactly is the bug here?

The bug is:
   Let us assume, for example, that I am sending a 20-character
   string to the OSD, but the OSD only has room for the first
   12.3 characters.
   In general, there are three reasonable behaviours:

   1.  The OSD shows the first 12 characters.
   2.  The OSD shows the first 12 characters and one third of
       the 13th character.
   3.  The OSD shows the first 12 characters in one line and
       the remaining 8 characters in the next line.
       (This alternative can only be called reasonable if the
        calling application has a way of knowing that the next
        line has been used by the string)

   However, what the OSD does, is

   4.  The OSD shows the first 12 characters and one third of
       the 13th character at the end of this line and the
       remaining two thirds of the 13th character at the
       beginning of this line.

> It seems the firmware behaves correctly as intended, just not the way
> you want it to.

I disagree.

> So, how would you like it to be changed?

Implement alternative 1 or alternative 2.
Or: Give us a call that returns the width of a string.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index