Re: Problem writing to video device

Michael Holzt wrote:

> What i'm missing: Some kind of "network remote" for VDR. My PC with
> the DVB-Card inside is not connected to my tv, and i don't want to go to the
> console to setup things. Currently i'm helping myself with debug-settings
> for console-usage and using screen.

What exactly do you mean by this?
If the PC with the DVB-card is not connected to your TV, then how
else can you setup things, rather than using your PC?

In my setup the VDR PC is located in the living room (right under
the TV set) and its "video out" is connected to the TV. That PC
is connected to my "work" PC in another room, and the VDR program
is actually run via a "remote shell" window from that PC.

Greetings
Klaus