Driver Bugs & PPTP, USB Update.

Hi,
Is it possible that hidden bug(s) in a LINUX
DVB card driver disable the PPTP connection?
(Virtual Private Network & Masquerade).
The driver works perfectly in ordinary PPP.
I try for 3 weeks setting up PPTP but failed.
I suspect there are hidden bug(s) in the driver.
(Source code unknown).
Is it possible that a perfectly working DVB
card driver (for PPP) failed in a PPTP connection?

>USB
There is a programmer in BOSTON who plan to
write driver for USB based, external DVB receiver.
What is the required resource/documentation
for writing driver for a DVB receiver?
T.I.A.