Re: OSD and images

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> The bitmap upload is only allowed when no playback is running but
> the bitmap upload function is busy waiting for the playback to stop and there
> is only one process running on the ARM ...
>
> Two solutions:
>
> - also prohibit bitmap uploads during playback in the driver
>   hmm, looks like you want to do that or you would not be asking ...
>
> - allow bitmap uploads during playback in the firmware
>   this can lead to major disturbances in the MPEG2 playback, the data
>   interface is not really that fast
>
> I chose the second solution for now. So, itīs the applications
> responsibilty/fault if the playback is disturbed.

Without this option is impossible to display subtitles at DVD playback
so I would appreciate if you leave the second solution in the next
releases.

For all interested in DVD playback on the DVBs card I put the first
release of DVD player on my homepege:
http://www2.arnes.si/~mthale1/index.html#DVD

> This will all be in the next driver release which will be during the
> next weekend. So, please hold on a few more days.

Thanks for the great work !

The last thing I'm missing is PAL60 video output for MPEGs
with 30 frames per second. If the hardware supports this option it
would be great to have this support built in the driver.

Matjaz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index