Re: OSD and images

Matjaz Thaler writes:
 > Ralph Metzler wrote:
 >
 > > Sorry, stupid mistake on my part.
 > >
 > > In gpioirq() in "case DATA_BMP_LOAD:" add:
 > >
 > >                 if (len>6*1024)
 > >                         len=6*1024;
 > >

 > Thanx.
 > I have another problem.
 > If I playback from file and at the same time display images
 > driver hangs. This usually happens after displaying few images.
 > I attached software for testing this, first argument is filename.
 > I hope you can solve this.

OK, this time itīs a firmware error.
The bitmap upload is only allowed when no playback is running but
the bitmap upload function is busy waiting for the playback to stop and there
is only one process running on the ARM ...

Two solutions:

- also prohibit bitmap uploads during playback in the driver
  hmm, looks like you want to do that or you would not be asking ...

- allow bitmap uploads during playback in the firmware
  this can lead to major disturbances in the MPEG2 playback, the data
  interface is not really that fast

I chose the second solution for now. So, itīs the applications
responsibilty/fault if the playback is disturbed.

This will all be in the next driver release which will be during the
next weekend. So, please hold on a few more days.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index